Definitions and interpretation
collectively all information that you submit to Britcent Ltd via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Britcent Ltd, or us
Britcent Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 09408130 whose registered office is at Office Suite 3-4, 4 Bloomsbury Square, London, WC1A 2RP;
UK and EU Cookie Law
the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you
any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Britcent Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Britcent Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
the website that you are currently using, https://www.britcent.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
"including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
1. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
Date of Birth;
Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
IP address (automatically collected);
Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
Operating system (automatically collected);
Our use of Data
2. For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Britcent Ltd is the "data controller".
3. We will retain any Data you submit for up to 24 months.
4. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third-party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
5. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
6. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
· internal record keeping;
· improvement of our products / services;
· transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
· contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
· Provision of Services;
Third party websites and services
7. Britcent Ltd may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
11. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
12. Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
· use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
· sharing Data with third parties.
Functionality of the Website
13. To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
15. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Britcent Ltd (where such Data is held) on payment of a small fee, which will not exceed £10.00.
16. If you would like to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Britcent Ltd (where Data is held), please contact us at email@example.com
17. You may also request for your personal Data (where held by Britcent Ltd) to be deleted from our records. If you wish to request this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you request deletion of personal data, this may affect the Provision of Services to you.
18. If you would like to update your personal Data, please let us know any changes you wish to make by contacting us at email@example.com
19. A subprocessor is a third-party data processor engaged by Britcent Ltd who has or potentially will have access to or process Data. Britcent engages different types of subprocessors to perform various functions as explained in the table below.
Mailchimp is a marketing automation platform which is currently being used to email current clients to provide support, notices, announcements, discounts, events and other promotional content. Mailchimp has access to Client names and e-mail addresses.
MySchoolBooks is a tutor management software that is used by Britcent to schedule, invoice, contact and provide support for existing clients. MySchoolBooks has access to the following data: client names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, home address, Skype ID, Kakaotalk ID. This information is used for the Provision of Services and to support clients.
Cloze is a relationship management software that tracks clients for the purposes of support and therefore has access to client names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, Kakaotalk ID, country of current residence.
Cloud service provider.
Wave is an invoicing software used to invoice clients and as such has access to client names and email addresses.
20. Data security is of great importance to Britcent Ltd and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
21. If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
22. We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
24. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
25. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Britcent Ltd to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
26. Type of Cookie
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA. These countries may not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA.
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Britcent Ltd reserves
time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on
on your first use of the Website following the alterations.
You may contact Britcent Ltd by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
24th May 2018
These terms and conditions were created using a document from Rocket Lawyer (https://www.rocketlawyer.co.uk).